Monday, August 23, 2010

Older woman, Younger man...Need advice from married people..??

I am in my 30's and at a stage in my life where I need to settle down and get married, but my boyfriend is younger, 20's, and is understandably not ready for marriage....


He keeps asking me to please wait for him to get older, more established in his career, and go through school, and he should be ready to get married in between 2-5 years....


I dont want to wait, because I'm not getting any younger and whose to say, he will marry me, or even want me after I wait, he'll still be young, and I'll be looking crazy ! and then I could be waiting more years than what he told me, but I love him and I feel he's my soul mate, and he is begging me to wait for him and be patient...


what should I do ? I'm ready to be happy now...


what has been your experience..??Older woman, Younger man...Need advice from married people..??
Since you want different things out of life you need to move on. Be thankful he isn't the type to just give and marry you because you want it.


Try not to stay with him just because you think he is the one. That is ';co-dependant'; thinking and very harmful to you as an individual. There are other men out there that can offer you what you need now, not in 2-5 years.


But, on the other hand, don't be on the prowl for a husband, either. you're likely to find some needy guy who will rush you down the aisle. Just get out there a met new people and give yourself time to get over this relationship first, before starting a new one. You owe that to your future guy.


I think you already know the right answer, you need another person to tell you you're on the right track.Older woman, Younger man...Need advice from married people..??
He's too young. You need to find someone who is at your level of maturity and shares your desire for something more permanent.
You can't force him to marry you now....and if you can't wait until he is ready...then move on....I am almost 42...Hubby is 34....and we just had a baby a year ago....We knew each other almost a year before dating....and we got married a few months later....Give your boyfriend some credit for knowing that he isn't quite ready for marriage...After all he is only in his early 20's....





He really has no right to keep begging you to wait for him either.....if you truly feel that you need to move on...then do so....Your relationship will only work if the both of you can agree on a compromise...
You need to ask yourself one simple question.





Which is more important to you; to be married or to be with this man that you love and consider your soulmate?





For me, this answer would be easy. I would rather be with the one I love. But for some, marriage is very important to them So it just depends on your priorities. Good luck....
You need to move on. He is too young. Find someone who is ready.
Well, this is the lot you chose, so you have to deal with that. I think it's unfair to pressure him into marriage, especially when he has made it clear that he is not ready. As for the soul mate crap. It's just crap. No such thing as soul mates. He has already stated what he wants and that's for you to wait. So, all you can do is decide to wait, with no certainty of a future marriage or move on.
ask yourself this do i love him and does he love me if the answer is yes then you are very lucky.


in 2008 30's r the new 20's a woman is expected to live to her upper 90's so be patient

No comments:

Post a Comment