Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can I get some ADULT (non-teen) advice? (man issue)?

For the last 3 months I have had a crush on a guy I work with. At one point I was sure the attraction was mutual, so I expressed interest, but he didn't pursue me. So I just let it go and figured he changed his mind or wasn't that into me. We developed a fun work relationship/friendship.


About 1 month ago I decided to move out of state to be closer to my family. I told my crush and he was pretty surprised. I leave in 2 weeks. Over the last week and especially the last few days, he has either been flirtatious or borderline rude. One hour he is coming to my desk poking me with a ruler and the next he is making snide comments, that almost hurt my feelings.


His seat is being moved to the other side of the office (he sits right next to me, in the next cubicle, now) so the other day he goes ';Now that I'm sitting over there, I don't have any reason to come to this side of the office.'; wtf? I don't know why he would want to make me dislike him. Especially since I'm leaving. Whats the deal?Can I get some ADULT (non-teen) advice? (man issue)?
Jaylee, he's either mad at you or mad at himself. You didn't give enough details for me to figure it out. If he's pretty young, early 20's, then he's probably mad (upset) at you for not giving him enough interest to work on. Guys don't take hints well, and women don't understand that. You call us dumb, yet drop ';hints'; that Machiavelli wouldn't understand. I'm going to guess he is pretty young, and you're not much older, if at all. If he is older, he would be mad at himself, but older guys don't act like we're in high school anymore (most of us). If you care to send me an email with more details, do so, and I'll try to help. I'm 30, by the way.Can I get some ADULT (non-teen) advice? (man issue)?
plain and simple, he is a jerk. even if he didn't find you attractive or liked you, he should not be making smart comments or remarks... he could be upset that you are leaving, but that is no way to show it. the good thing is that you are moving. star a new life and find a guy who is worth your time. at least you won't be regretting the decision of moving since he is being a jerk.
guys are weird. he probably liked you and now you are moving and he is mad at himself. so he wants to either get you mad so its easier on him. or he just wants to be with you physically and thats all, he can be himself now, because you are leaving so no loss there. i say stay away and have a nice time by your family
sounds like to me that he really liked you and doesnt like the fact you are leaving....i would approach him with it...what have you got to lose you are leaving anyway...maybe he will open up to you and then develope a long distant relationship and maybe he will move to where you are going....
i think he feels why should he be too concerned about you, since your moving. sounds like hes mad because you are leaving. if i were you, i would just let him go, maybe you can find someone where you move to.
He is trying to get over the fact that he likes you and you are moving. he wants to try and hurt your feelings in order to get you off his mind.
He likes you and was unable to say it. That's his juvenile way of saying he's going to miss you. Men are total idiots. Just ignore him and be glad you weren't dating.
Sorry, but no adults read these types of things.


You're not going to get any answers.
hmmmm maybe this could be his way of dealing with the fact that you are moving. in his mind hes thinking oh ok if i make her dislike me it wont be as hard to say goodbye to her. PLUS you know when we were young and the only way a boy could show a girl that he liked her is by being mean to her well sounds like this guy hasnt grown out of that phase yet lol. seriously though try not to make too big a deal cuz hes probly hurting too hes losing a friend and possibly someone he was interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment