Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any advice for a gay man with HPV?

I just had surgery and things are well, a tad painful. I'm pretty alone in dealing with this, any good advice or related stories? Please share. It's been a real pain in the ***Any advice for a gay man with HPV?
Well, my husband had them (genital warts) and gave HPV to me so, eventually, I had to have a hysterectomy because I developed cervical cancer. He had the warts frozen off by the doctor and wasn't bothered by them after that. I've read that you cannot get rid of the virus and it will stay with you always.


Since you're gay I don't see that you have a problem since you won't give it to your wife. You could give the virus to someone else though, so why don't you wear a condom if you have sex?Any advice for a gay man with HPV?
hpv causes cervical cancer...





how did u get it?





u dont have a cervix...





i didnt know guys can get HPV





well that is the virus, but still...





are u joking?





well, i dont know what to say...hope u find help...
Don't worry to much, for males we can kill of the virus depending on our immune system, as for females another story. And there are no tests for males to show that we have HPV.


So don't worry to much!
as long as you don't smoke, I think you should be ok.


about 70% of sexually active people have hpv and most of them don't even know it and it never affects them. at least you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment