Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I have been married for 6 months & my husband doesn't like my best friend just cause he is a man. Any advice?

Me %26amp; my bf have been through everything together. We have known each other for at least 10 years. We thought about dating once but realized that we were better off friends. It has been the best friendship I have ever had with a man. I know some people say that your spouse should be your best friend. But why do I have to give up someone that has helped me through some tough times in my life? The last time we were all together, my hubby acted so very horrible. He tried to pick a fight with him for no reason. I was embarrassed. Me %26amp; my bf are like 2 guys. We use 2 talk about everything from his women to my men. Now that I am married %26amp; he is about to get married does that really have to change?I have been married for 6 months %26amp; my husband doesn't like my best friend just cause he is a man. Any advice?
The thing is, when you get married things change a lot. Right now you are telling your husband that he has to share your affection with another man. I know that it is hard on your b/c you friend means a lot to you, but this will make for larger problems in your marriage down the road. Now is the time when you need to be focusing on him. As time goes on and your friend gets married himself or soemthing, maybe everything will even out but for now, it is best to slow things down with your friend.I have been married for 6 months %26amp; my husband doesn't like my best friend just cause he is a man. Any advice?
Normal.
imagine he had a best f female it would bother u....
Do you get mad when he talks to girls? If you do, then he is doing the same thing to you. But you can be friends with you ever you please.
marraige trumps friends any day. You two have made a commitment to build a life together. Gotta get rid of that guy friend.
Maybe he feels he is married to you and your friend, how much time do you spend talking to this friend? I agree with tcc how would you feel if he had a best female friend? I am thinking you wouldn't but that is a guess. Things change when you get married, not saying you shouldn't have male friends, but maybe you should talk to and LISTEN to why he doesn't want you to be best Friends with him. He could have a very good reason for it. Remember communication is essential in a relationship.
To a man...... another man who knows his wife better than he does... is a threat. Your husband could be the most enlightened man ever, but on some level he is going to see your best friend in that way, and that will probably never change.





You have to decide what's more important..... a friend...... or the man you made vows to.





When I got married, my best friend (who is a guy) and I couldn't hang out like we used to. Now we are both divorced and we can hang out anytime we want... but that's not the point. When we married, we both made vows to put our wives ahead of the rest of the world... that's what a real man does. That is what your husband wants to do.......... and your continued relationship with another man is a threat.





Find new friends. You can have the occasional phone call... or email.... but to hang out with another guy isn't fair to your husband. YOU wouldn't like him hanging out with another woman....





Good luck.............
I have the same problem, my best friend is my ex- girlfriend...


And her man, is trying to understand, but he blows up at her for hanging with me...





All can say, is given the oportunity, I will eventually make a move for my ex... unless the guy is gay, you can count on something happening. If not initiated by you, then by him.
lol,


we men are not as broadminde as the girls.


for marital bliss, u will have to cut down on with ur friendship.
I can understand how your husband feels threatened by your best friend being a male, but he was your best friend before you married, and you shouldn't have to give that friendship up. Perhaps once he's married, your husband will feel more comfortable about the friendship, if not, you may be forced to choose between them. Talk to your husband about the situation, and see if you can resolve the issue. Good luck!
well are you sure that he's not the second love as your badge says.............
Hmmm鈥?this is difficult and it depends. The question is: why is he jealous? Is he an insecure person or does he feel he doesn't trust you? I think you need to chat about the reasons why he doesn't approve..
Yes, it has already changed. Your husband is not comfortable with it and his new wife is not going to be. There is always the question in the spouse's mind about what is really going on--no matter what you say. The only way it might work is if the 4 of you can do things together. Your husband might settle down a bit once your bf is married.





Even as I write this, I question your relationship with bf, so I can imagine what your husband is thinking.
See my sister, life is sometimes like a trap-pies. You have to balance both the sides in order not to fall down. In your case, before marriage you were a free person, and you had all rights to act according to your interests. But a marriage is not just tying a knot between two individuals. It is a mutual promise to live together till the death of one or both by abiding all social traditions and limitations. A husband will be acting like your's in two occasions.


1. When he is so much of possessive and selfish in your love.


2. When he feel that the other person his spouse is mingling with is ahead in terms of smartness (both physical / behavioral)





Whatever may be the case if he does not like you to closely mingling with another person, just limit your involvement in the other relationship whatever answer may you have to justify such relationship. Suppose tomorrow if he will bring another lady to home and say that ';she is my best friend';, how you will react. Just come to his shoes and think. Gradually try to convince him that there is nothing between you and your friend. When time passes he will have maturity to understand the purity of such relationship and everything will be normal. Till then don't be aggressive of your self ego. That will spoil your life. Wish you all success and a long/happy married life





Ohm Shanti
It sounds like your husband is jealous. Eventually you will have to choose, unless your friend is gay - then your husband should not care, but I think in the back of his head he will have doubts about your past with your bf -some guys are just very insecure like that.
Well then, you should have married the BF. Seems you care more for him that the hubby.





BTW, your hubby wants the relationship you have with the BF, that is why he picks a fight.
reassure him that your just friends...nothing more, nothing less...and only bang your husband
There is nothing wrong with having a best friend of the opposite sex, but it sounds like you landed a hubby that doesn't see it that way. You are in a tough spot because you are already married. It isn't so easy to tell him if he keeps up this close minded attitude you'll walk.


Just because others say your spouse is supposed to be your best friend doesn't mean that they are right.
It seems to me that you husband is jealous that you seem to have a better conncetion with your best guy friend than you husband. He probably feels left out. Talk to him, all the three ouf you go out together. Have fun. Get them two to click the way you did. Don't completely leave your husband out in the cold. I think he's really jealous, tell him that he is about to get married and that he has nothing to be afraid of. Reassure your husband that you still love him, and that you wouldn't jepordise your realtionship. But also tell him that you can't just throw away a good friendship like that because it wouldn't make you happy and I'm sure your husband only wants the best for you. I don't know there's not much I can really say now, but good luck and if your friendship with that guy is as good as you say it is then don't give it up, but talk to your husband and good luck again.
It is beautiful to have such a friend as you have described and at the same time I can understand how your husband feels. He wants to be your best friend. Hopefully in time he will be able to accept your friendship with your best friend. If he doesn't then I can see trouble in your marriage. See if he and your hubby can get together and do guy things, you know get to know one another as friends also.
Your husband should've learned to deal with his jealousy issues before he married you.
UNFORTUNATELY, YOU MUST CHOOSE! Keep a bf you have had for 10 years, or stay with a husband that you have committed to for life! SIMPLE AS THAT.





All of my friends are men and going into any relationship, I have to get acceptance for that or I will not pursue the relationship. I AM NOT WILLING FROM DAY ONE. DID YOUR HUSBAND NOT SAY THAT ALL ALONG?





GOOD LUCK.
No it shouldn鈥檛 have to. You鈥檝e given your husband no reason not to trust you and he knew from the beginning who your best friend was. Tell him that if he didn鈥檛 trust you then he shouldn鈥檛 have married you. He needs to stop punishing you and your best friend just because he has insecurities. Good luck.
My best friend is also a guy, he and I talk about everything, always have and its awesome. My hubby thankfully doesnt get jealous of him, he trusts me and is secure in our relationship. My hubby also has a close female friend and I dont get jealous either. Its all about trust, assuming you have never done anything to damage his trust in you, he should trust you. Maybe include him when you guys get together, double date with your best friend and his girlfriend, maybe the more your hubby gets to know him the less he will be a pain in the ***.
You are not getting the gravity of how serious this is. You need to bond as one EMOTIONALLY ONLY with your husband as the only male in your life. I had a situation similar to yours and never considered it was a problem til the shoe was on the other foot. How would you feel if your husband had a die hard emotional relationship with a female and the two of you had hard times. Who would you turn to? You both are setting yourselves up for failure in your marriage. All the good connections you have with your friend you should choose to develop with your husband if he is more important to you. Good Luck! Natasha
Ur husband is right my ex wife had a best Friend (man ) n she cheated on me with him it all started out ow were just Friends


but u never know ........


so i don't blame him for b Inga that way n b side may b he sees something Ur not like the way Ur Friend looking at u ....!!!!
You and your husband need to sit down and talk this through.





You haven't given your husband any reason to not trust you or your friend, so I don't know why he's acting this way now.
Ok, so do I agree that your husband should see the relationship for what it is and let it go...yes.





Do I agree that you have the right to see your best friend anyway...NO.





Your husband is being insecurre. But you did vow to hold him above all others. If other reasoning doesn't work, you should stop seeing your best friend. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment